Yoga is a profound part of the Vedic culture. Yoga practices underlie at the heart of all Hinduism (Sanskrit "Sanatan Dharma") schools. Sanatana Dharma means "the eternal law" - the law of all beings’ evolution.
Advaita is an ancient doctrine that tells us about human nature as divine initially. "Advaita" can be translated as "not two". Soul is not separated from God. God is a reality that permeates everything.
From October 2d to October 5th, representatives of Divya Loka took part in the III International scientific-practical conference «Religion in Russia: problems of social service and patriotic education, which was held in the Nizhny Novgorod State University named after Lobachevsky.
Among the participants there were scientists (religious scholars, sociologists, psychologists, political scientists, cultural studies, teachers, etc.), as well as representatives of different religions and faiths.
In the first half of the day the reports were read, and in the afternoon participants were given the opportunity to visit the temples of various religions and denominations, which are located in Nizhny Novgorod.
- Nizhny Novgorod synagogue where a meeting was held with the head of a local religious organization of Orthodox Judaism «Nizhny Novgorod Jewish Community»;
- Temple of Saint Sergius of Radonezh the Archdiocese of Nizhny Novgorod Russian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate, where learnt the experience of the church in the social sphere (work with hearing-impaired, rehabilitation of alcohol and drug addicts, work with children);
- Nizhny Novgorod Theological Seminary and its museum, male Annunciation Monastery of the eighteenth century and Alexis temple there;
- International Society for Krishna Consciousness, where did an acquaintance with the program «Food for Life»;
- Old Believer Orthodox church of the Assumption, where spoke about the significant role of the Old Believers tradition in education of patriotism in children;
- Church of the Seventh Day Adventist, where believers prepared for the participants of the conference a great concert;
- Three churches of evangelical Christians (Baptists, Mormons and Pentecostals), and met with their social activities and feature patriotic education;
- Catholic Parish of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, got acquainted with the activities of the organization «Caritas» who assist the homeless.
About 20 participants have visited the Center for Vedic Culture «Divya Loka». See http://www.divyaloka.ru/o-divya-loke/proshedshie-sobytiya/5-oktyabrya-2013
The conference showed that religious organizations and small religious schools make a very significant contribution to social service.
Vedic culture is based on the Universe laws of evolution described in the scriptures of Hinduism "Vedas". They guide a human life, leading to harmony, happiness and creative prosperity.
Meeting with Didi Sudha, the man of the millennium
International Conference "The Phenomenon of Kailas"
Swami Brahmananda Birth Day Celebrations
All-Russian Conference "Brotherhood of religions"
Meeting of the public commission on compliance of religious rights
Russian Orthodox Church Archpriest Vladislav Antsibor
Visiting saint Amritanandamayi in Kerala
Visit the Golden Temple and Sri Amma
Swami Brahmananda Relics
Happy New 2014 Year in Divya Loka
Datta Jayanti celebration
Veda music festival
Interfaith round-table in Chelyabinsk
Web Conference on Tolerance day
Meeting with rock celebrity Boris Grebenshikov
Meeting with Archpriest Vladislav Antsibor
Round-table on tolerance in St. Petersburg
Meeting with «Traditions of the Earth»
Meeting with Buddhist monks of Gelug tradition
Festival of lights – Diwali
International conference in St. Petersburg
Meeting with Michael Morgulis in Florida
Swami Brahmananda museum is open
Divya Loka press conference in Nizhny Novgorod
Religious scholar Roman Lunkin in Divya Loka
«The Rossiyskaya gazeta» newspaper in Divya Loka
Religious scholars and scientists visit Divya Loka
International Scientific and Practical Conference
Festival «Formula of the East»
Interregional Scientific and Practical Conference
Meeting with Satchitananda Ganapati
Meeting with Pastor Indulis
Abbot Evmeny visits Divya Loka
Meeting with Lama Ole Nydahl
Visiting Ramakrishna Ashram in the US
Visiting «Meru» center in Holland
World's Parliament of Religions in New York
Meeting with the President and Vice-President of Nepal
Meeting with Robert Thurman in New York
Interfaith dialogue in New York
Charity seminar in Nizhny Novgorod
International scientific and practical conference
Round-table with Organizer of «Golden swan path» project
Interfaith dialogue in St Petersburg
Regional conference in Nizhny Novgorod
Meeting with Swami Satyananda Saraswati
«Outlook on contemplation practices» conference
Meeting with Pranavananda